Open – Course open with the following restrictions: Hole 3 closed to allow bunker liner to continue. 11 & 13 on Winter greens and bottom field closed to buggies. Staff will concentrate on cutting greens, aprons and some fairways along with finishing up some bunkers and clearing tree debris from the course.
A Brief History of Broomieknowe
Broomieknowe Golf Club was founded in 1905 and is set in magnificent parkland where the fast-draining sub-soil helps to ensure that there are very few days when the course is not open.
The original eighteen hole course was laid out by Ben Sayers of North Berwick. In 1932, it was altered and extended by James Braid of Walton Heath, five times Open Champion.
The course remained largely unchanged until in 1992, as a result of the construction of the A7 bypass, a considerable part of the course was lost, but five new holes were constructed on adjacent ground, providing a fresh challenge to members and visitors alike. Currently the length of the course is 6172 yards with a standard Scratch of 70.
Long renowned for the quality of the greens, the recent course reconstruction, increase in length and quality and definition of the fairways has provided a tough but fair test of golf to all levels of players.
A planned programme of maintenance and upgrading has seen the planting of several thousand trees to enhance and define fairways and hazards.
Broomieknowe Green Fees
Fairway mats will be in operation from November to February.
For details, please call our Professional, Mark Patchett, on 0131 660 2035 or 0131 663 9317 option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tee times are subject to availability.
|Green Fee Rate
|Green Fee Amount
|Monday to Friday
|Saturday and Sunday
Group Bookings & Society Outings
Please complete our Visitor Booking Form below and we will be in touch for further details with pricing and catering options.
For more information please contact our Professional, Mark Patchett, on
0131 663 9317 option 2 or email@example.com
All Members, Members Guests and visitors are asked to ensure that they conform to a good, neat and clean standard of dress both on the course and in the clubhouse. The professional, Course Ranger and the Bar Staff will ensure that the dress code is observed.
Members, Members Guests and Visitors using the Clubhouse must adhere to the dress code as stated below and as posted on the Club Noticeboards.
1. A reasonable standard of dress is required at all times.
2. Members must be smart and presentable at all times in both the Dining Area, Main Lounge and the 1905 Lounge.
3. Smart blue denim garments are permitted to be worn in the Clubhouse by any Member or Visitor.
4. Appropriate footwear must be worn. Trainers, if worn, must be clean and respectable.
5. No football or rugby shirts are to be worn in the Clubhouse.
6. In the Clubhouse, shirts may be worn outside trousers.
7. No waterproofs are to be worn in both the Dining Area, Main Lounge and the 1905 Lounge.
The Golf Course:
Members, Members Guests and Visitors using the course are asked to ensure that they conform to a good, neat and clean standard of dress and must adhere to the dress code as stated below and as posted on the Club noticeboards.
The Course Ranger and the Professional will ensure that the dress code is observed.
1. All clothing that can be purchased from a Golf Retail Outlet is acceptable.
2. Trousers must have belt loops and a button or zipped fly (Gents Only).
3. Shorts must be knee length and have belt loops and a button or zipped fly.
The following must not be worn:
1. 3/4 length shorts / trousers.
2. Sports Shorts that do not have belt loops or a fly.
3. T-shirts (unless it is designed for playing golf, i.e. purchased from a golf retail outlet).
4. Sleeveless shirts (Gents Only).
5. Vests, football or rugby tops.
6. Blue denim jeans.
7. Trousers with patches or holes.
2024 Open Competition Entries
Open Competition Results
Please click on event below to download results:
Broomieknowe Golf Club
36 GOLF COURSE ROAD, BONNYRIGG, MIDLOTHIAN, EH19 2HZ
Telephone: 0131 663 9317 | VAT Number: 268 5810 28
Copyright© 2023, BROOMIEKNOWE GOLF CLUB. All Rights Reserved.